Friday, May 31, 2013

Good For You Stuff

I decided to switch things up a bit and share information about some of my favorite "good for you" stuff.  If I actually ate all this stuff on my blog on a daily basis I would easily be 250 lbs.



Skinnytaste is one of my favorite blogs.  This site has tons of healthy recipes and healthier versions of usual recipes.  Sometimes I would rather have someone suggest recipes they've already tried rather than browsing through 100 of them and hoping something turns out good.  All of these recipes have nutrition information, calories, weight watchers points, serving sizes etc.

Here are some of my favorite recipes from Skinnytaste:
Penne with Italian Chicken Sausage, Escarole and Beans
Lighter Eggplant Parmesan
Santa Fe Turkey Stuffed Peppers
Spinach Lasagna Rolls
Skinny Baked Broccoli Mac and Cheese
Grilled Chicken with Spinach and Melted Mozzarella
Crock Pot 3 Bean Turkey Chili
Super Moist Low Fat Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Glaze
Pumpkin Hazelnut White Chocolate Biscotti
Applesauce Nut Bread

Another one of my favorite sites is NatureBox.  For $19.95 per month, NatureBox will send you a box of healthy snacks.  Seems a little expensive, but based on the snacks I've received I think it is worth it.  I usually get dried fruit, granola, and nuts which are all pretty expensive in stores anyway.  All of the snacks are nutritionist approved, and contain no high fructose corn syrup, no trans fats, no partially hydrogenated oils, no artificial sweeteners, no artificial flavors or colors.  You can even choose which snacks you want to receive in your next box.  In addition, Naturebox works with a charity called WhyHunger to make nutritious food more available to everyone.  They also donate their snacks to emergency food providers, low-income families, and community based organizations.  So, by signing up for NatureBox you are doing something good for yourself and the community :)

1 comment:

  1. I love skinny taste! A friend at work told me about it. I'll have to try the nature box. Sounds yum!

    Hugs!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete