Saturday, November 24, 2012

Ice Cream is a Girl's Best Friend

Today is National Ice Cream Day! I actually cannot describe how much I love ice cream. If I was forced to choose one specific thing to eat all day every day for the rest of my entire life, I am 98% sure it would be ice cream. In addition to my love for ice cream, I also have an obsession for chocolate sprinkles. I want to dive into a pool of chocolate sprinkles and swim and splash around like a 5 year old. True story. I like to dream BIG. Therefore, one of my main goals in life is to go to the Ben & Jerry's factory in Waterbury, Vermont and get The Vermonster. The Vermonster is 20 scoops of ice cream, hot fudge, banana, cookies, brownies, and whatever other toppings your inner fat kid desires.
  
I have traveled to the Ben & Jerry's factory in Vermont with the hopes of achieving this life-long dream. Yes, I went to Vermont during the peak of ski season for the sole purpose of visiting Ben & Jerry's.....not to go skiing. However, once I realized the Vermonster costs around $40 and we had no freezer, I decided it was impossible and a waste of money for 2 people to attempt to eat this gigantic sundae. I promise it will happen one day...and it will be amazing.
 
I have many favorite ice cream shops, all for different reasons. So, for your reading pleasure....here is the list of Closet Fat Chick's Favorite Ice Cream Shops. (I know....you've been waiting all your life for this. You're welcome.) These are in no particular order because they are all so good I seriously can't rank them in a fair order. 1. Scoops- Myrtle Beach, SC- This place is one of my favorites because they make their own waffle cones. Not little wimpy waffle cones either, BIG home made waffle cones. As soon as you walk in it smells like fresh baked waffles. Scoops also has the best Moose Tracks Ice Cream I've ever tasted. I was disappointed to learn that Scoops does not make their own ice cream, which pisses me off a little. I feel like if you are going to open and ice cream place you better go all in and make your own damn ice cream. However, their awesome waffle cones make up for this. 2. Polar Cub- Whitehouse Station, NJ- This place is one of my favorites because of their home made whipped cream. Their whipped cream is so thick that you can turn your ice cream sundae completely upside-down and it will still stay in place! UH-MAZING.  
3. Colonia Dairy Maid- Colonia, NJ- This place is my favorite for one reason and one reason only. SPRINKLES. No matter what size sundae you order, they will leave like one inch of space in the cup and fill it to the brim with sprinkles. IT MAKES ME SO HAPPY. This place is good for your classics....vanilla & chocolate. They have "40 flavors" however, 36 of them taste like vanilla. (That was an exaggeration.) My tip for Colonia Dairy Maid....having a few awesome flavors is much better than having crap load of mediocre flavors. Just sayin....  
 4. Hassel's Ice Cream Parlor- North Wildwood, NJ- Hassel's has THE BEST waffle and ice cream sundaes. As soon as you order, they will literally make a fresh waffle for your sundae. They pile it high with several scoops of ice cream and whatever toppings you want. It's pretty amazing folks. Hassel's does not make their own ice cream either. Whatevs, their waffles still rock. 
 
 5. K's Brain Freeze- Matawan, NJ- My newest favorite! This place opened about 6 weeks ago. A friend of mine suggested this place to me. (Thank you Ada!) This place has A LOT of flavors. I've tried many of them so far and they were ALL awesome. I am assuming the rest of them will be awesome as well. Some of my favorites so far are Caramel Crunch, Almond Joy, & Carrot Cake. All of the flavors are home made. The owner is a very nice guy. They will also let you try as many flavors as you want before you make your decision. If you are in the area please go visit K's Brain Freeze and have some yummy ice cream.

6. Thomas Sweets- New Brunswick, NJ- Every single flavor I've had from this place is great. My favorites are Birthday Party, Banana Pudding, and Almond Joy. They also make the best Ice Cream Sodas!

And now....in case you were wondering....my favorite store bought ice cream... Wegman's Premium Ice Cream- I usually do not like store brand anything. Everything from the Wegman's brand is amazing including the ice cream. My favorite flavors are Rum Raisin, Pistachio, and Peanut Butter and Jelly. Some of you may be wondering about the Peanut Butter and Jelly. It literally tastes like peanut butter and jelly ice cream. There is no other way to describe it. You will have to just try it for yourself.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment