Saturday, November 24, 2012

Maui's Dog House- Wildwood, NJ

I'm not usually a big fan of hot dogs, but the hot dogs at Maui's Dog House in Wildwood, NJ were definitely amazing. I heard about this place on one of my all-time favorite TV shows...Diner's, Drive-ins, and Dives. Guy Fieri is my hero. I can go on all day how much I love Guy Fieri, but enough about that let's talk about these hot dogs.  
Maui's Hot Dogs features 23 different gourmet hot dogs. It was a tough decision due to the fact that every hot dog on their menu sounds amazing, but I decided to go for the "Smokin' Cheesy Drunk" which is a traditional German frank, spicy mustard, beer soaked sour kraut, cheddar cheese, and bacon. The hot dog even comes served in a dog bowl. It was delicious!
 
Some of the other hot dogs I would like to try on future trips (or all in one shot lol) to Maui's are: The "Soprano"- Traditional German frank, baby spinach sauteed with garlic and white wine, topped with extra sharp provolone cheese. Forget- About- It- Traditional German frank, spicy ground beef chili, raw onion, spicy mustard, globs of cheese, and freshly cooked bacon. Horsey In Chicago- Traditional German frank, Horsey Mustard, Raw Onions, Pickles, Hot peppers, Tomatoes, and Celery Salt. And of course your meal is not complete without a side of "Salty Balls", which are fresh small potatoes cooked in a brine of salt and spices, served with melted butter. I almost enjoyed these more than the hot dog. Almost.... 
 
So, if you are planning a trip down the Jersey Shore, I would highly recommend making a stop at Maui's Hot Dogs. You won't be disappointed!
 
I don't know who this guy is. Thought he was the owner but apparently he just works there. Still a cool guy though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment